Word integration after switch to 2.1

I upgraded this morning (and upgraded the Zotero versions when Firefox started as well - including the Word plugin) and have been entering references in a Word 2008 for Mac document. The first time I went to add a reference, it said the document had to be converted, which seemed to go without a hitch. Now, periodically, it seems to have trouble recognizing two citations of the same reference. For example, if (Carlson, 2003) appears earlier in the document, the next time I add a citation to that article, it will appear something like (M. Carlson, 2003k). This may or may not be related to a problem with updating fields in references that were already in my library (creating new entries in Zotero doesn't seem to have any problems). When I update a field (e.g. to change an initial to the first name in an author field), Firefox hangs for a while. It eventually goes through, but after a while I can't enter or edit citations in my Word document (not always, and sometimes it takes a little while - I'll post the error message when it happens again). I submitted my error codes from Zotero under reference number 1710989289. The problem resolves temporarily if I restart Firefox - i.e. I can work with citations in Word, and the (M. Carlson, 2003k) problem also gets resolved. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to reproduce it - the problem just seems to appear every time after I've been working with my document for a little while. The problem with updating fields in my library doesn't seem to be a cause, but rather a consequence of the issue.
Appreciate any help!
  • Update: today, so far so good, except that when I edit citations in a Word document or refresh, letters get inserted after the dates, even though there is only one work by a given author (e.g. Carlson 2003h). In the reference list the letters appear, but each reference only appears once. Similar error message to the report I submitted yesterday, so I didn't resubmit it:
    Error Report #1710989289
  • so to clarify - the is no Carlson 2003a (or b c d etc.) in your bibliography?
  • There's only one reference by Carlson, and the parenthetical (APA style) citation lists 2003d or something like that (the letters vary, and do not appear in any order), and then in the bibliography, the reference is listed once, with the same letter appended.
    To thicken the plot, yesterday restarting Firefox seemed to fix the problem. Today it sometimes just changes the letter when I refresh.

Thanks.
  • More detail:
    I'm hoping this continues to be the case, but by opening a new Word document and copy-pasting the entire text of the old one in, the problem appears to be resolved. Of course, I had to click "add citation" first and choose a Citation Style, but following that everything appears to run smoothly - no more funky letters.

This didnt' resolve the slow updating of fields in my zotero library, which I mentioned in my first post, but I see there are other threads on that issue.
This discussion has been closed.