ver 2.1 BibTeX export of non-Latin characters

My Zotero library uses Latin, extended Latin, Greek, and extended Greek Unicode blocks. I've just installed Z 2.1 and run an experiment on exporting records. Of the nine export styles all of the Unicode comes through just fine with one exception: BibTeX. My Greek comes out as a string of question marks and the extended Latin decomposes the base character and accents with escape codes.

Could someone comment on this phenomenon? Will the BibTeX exporter be made to generate Unicode compliant text?
  • I wonder what exactly is going on - BibTex export should already be unicode (UTF-8) compliant - you have set Zotero to display the character encoding settings on export (Export tab of Zt preferences)?
  • This looks like a regression in Zotero 2.1 -- the export translator decomposes some characters (and mangles non-Latin!) when exporting to non-UTF-8 formats, but the default is UTF-8. It looks like the export charset option is not being observed correctly; indeed, I don't see it in the Export dialog box.
  • So the problem is that the default is not being observed when the character encoding menu is not displayed. I do indeed see it when I enable it (oops..), and then the export proceeds correctly. But UTF-8 is the default, so I shouldn't have to show the menu.
  • Fixed on the trunk.