"_lastDataListener is undefined" after upgrading Zotero OpenOffice.org Integration

Open Office 3.3, Zotero 2.1, Firefox 4, Mac

Just upgraded to both firefox 4 and Zotero 2.1.

Zotero runs fine on firefox, but openoffice plug-in not working. Upgraded latest openoffice and this is the error I am faced with:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

'[JavaScript Error: "_lastDataListener is undefined" {file: "file:///Users/stevejoslyn/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/8quzt3yz.default/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration.js" line: 194}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getActiveDocument]

I Have no idea what it means, and I don't even no where to look. If this issue has been sorrted can someone direct me to the right post. Thanks!

Steve
  • It sounds like you have an outdated extension installed within OpenOffice.org. In Firefox, go to Tools->Add-ons->Extensions->Zotero OpenOffice.org Integration->Preferences and click the Reinstall Extension button. Make sure it finds the right OpenOffice.org installation, and if not, click the "Add Directory" button to locate it. If it still doesn't work, try clicking the "Manual Installation" button and installing the extension into OpenOffice.org manually.
  • Had the same problem. Confirming, that the described solution of @simon works.

This problem may be caused by a previously installed beta Openoffice / Libreoffice Zotero integration which was required for some time to get Zotero 2.09 with OpenOffice / Libreoffice 3.3 working.
This discussion has been closed.