WordPlugin error: "this.state.registry.registry [cite.itemId].siblings is undefined"

Hello there,

after updating to Zotero 2.1 I encountered an annoying problem. Trying to update my old docs in MS Word, I always get the following error:

"Ein Fehler ist beim Updaten Ihres Dokuments aufgetreten. this.state.registry.registry [cite.itemId].siblings is undefined". ("Ein Fehler ist beim Updaten Ihres Dokuments aufgetreten" should read "an error occurred updating your document" or sth. like that in English).

I tried different docs - always the same error. Making a new document and inserting citations works. BUT: if I copy and paste my old text into a new document, the error keeps occurring.

After trying around a bit, I found out the error has something to do with my own (custom) citation style. In fact it won't occur, if I use one of the standard-styles (updating with a standard-style and changing to my custom-style afterwards won't do it either). So I had a look into my style, updated it to CSL 1.0 as described here (http://citationstyles.org/downloads/upgrade-notes.html#updating-csl-0-8-styles) and validated to the CSL 1.0 schema. That didn't change anything, so I started to narrow down the problem, commenting out some parts. Now I know it has something to do, with my legal_case citation section: If I delete the whole section it won't crash. But I don't get the exact problem.

This is, how it should read:

<else-if type="legal_case">
<text macro="author-short" suffix=" "/>
<choose>
<if variable="volume">
<text macro="container-title-short" suffix=" "/>
<text macro="volume"/>
<text macro="page" prefix=", "/>
</if>
<else>
<text macro="case-type"/>
<text macro="full-date" prefix=" v. "/>
<text macro="case-locator"/>
<text macro="docket-number"/>
</else>
</choose>
<text variable="locator" prefix=", "/>
<text variable="abstract" prefix=" "/>
</else-if>

Deleting one line after another didn't help much. Even an empty section or one single line with an simple text macro won't work:

</else-if>

BUT (don't ask why): The following works (beside that it's not what I want):

<text macro="case-type"/>
<text macro="full-date" prefix=" v. "/>
<text macro="case-locator"/>
<text macro="docket-number"/>
<text variable="locator" prefix=", Tz. "/>
<text variable="abstract" prefix=" "/>
</else-if>

Im testing with an doc of 15 pages with about 100 footnotes. Funnily after deleting 12 Pages I got another type of errormessage: "myparams[pos] is undefined". After deleting everything except the first page with 3 footnotes it works.

I’m desperate :o

I posted an error Report under ID: 1335922590.
Full CSL-File: https://gist.github.com/879687 (it's "dirty", but worked well up to 2.1).
I'm running Zotero 2.1.1 (tried standalone too), WinWordIntegration 3.1b1, MS Word 2007 SP2, Windows Vista Sp 2, Firefox 3.6.15.

I'd appreciate any help very much. Thank you!
  • Thank you for this very thorough report. It looks as though you're encountering a bug in the parallel citation code, intended to support legal styles. Parallel citation support is implemented entirely in the processor itself, by analyzing the structure of citations. I'll take a close look at this, and if I'm able to reproduce it, I'll get a fix out for you soon. If I'm not able to reproduce the error, I may come back for more information.

More soon ...
  • I've taken a look at the style, which looks fine. I'll need some sample input that causes the failure. It should be triggered by two or more adjacent citations in a single note. If you can narrow it down a bit, please send an RDF export of the citations that cause the failure to biercenator - at-mark-thingme - gmail dot com, and we'll see if we can squash this bug flat.
  • Thank's for the quick response. You should have mail.
  • edited March 29, 2011
    The upcoming Zotero 2.1.2 release will include a number of fixes to word processor integration. If you're still having trouble with this document, you might want to try installing the preview release to see if that will fix it. Details are available here.
  • Hello zotero team

I have the same Wordplugin error: "this.state.registry.registry [cite.itemId].siblings is undefined".

After reading this forms' response, I located the source that wasn't working and deleted it. For this, I used "move to trash" then I emptied the trash. Afterwards, I tipped the same source in manually.

Now, the same error occurs, when I try to use the manually tipped in source and when I try to use another source, this error follows:
    "CSL error
    TypeError: this.registry.citationreg.citationByld[c[0]] is
    undefined
    citationID=F0ZZI8tK
    noteIndex=0
    at array citationsPost index 241, from citation at document
    position 0"

Then I have to close and reopen zotero, to be able to use the other sources again.

Can you help me?

Best wishes
  • @tesya00: Can you provide a Report ID? This thread is from 2011, so you shouldn't follow anything here.
  • Hello dstillman

here is the Report ID: 49744781

Thank you
    You're using a very old version of Zotero. Install the latest version from the download page (and you should also figure out why Zotero wasn't auto-updating for you).
  • I updated the zotero version and now nothing works anymore

Report ID: 1163174109
    No, you didn't…you downgraded to Zotero 5.0.7, from 2017. I have no idea how you did that, but you need to upgrade to Zotero 5.0.89, which is the version available from the download page.