"The item is no longer in your Zotero library"

I am having trouble entering citations. I see in the forum pages that there were some problems earlier, that seem like they are connected to what I am experiencing here, but since they now reportedly were fixed, I am not so sure anymore.

Whenever I try to to enter a citation into a document I have been working on, the marker "jump" to an earlier citation, always the same one, and says that the "Item is no longer in your Zotero library". Since I know that the reference indeed is in my library, I do not know what I should do. I can without a problem insert citations in i.e. blank documents, the problem only appears to come up in this particular document.

Any thoughts on what is happening here would be most welcome.
  • Sync problems wouldn't have anything to do with the functioning of the word processor plugin.

The message generally means what it says. Perhaps you had two of that items and deleted one. Just relink that citation.
  • Thanks,
    as this is a group library that might very well be the case.
    The thing is though, that I can't relink it, as Word will not let me do anything to any of the citations without posting that this item is no longer in my lib.

Any way I can come around this?
  • but the zotero word plugin should offer you to select a replacement - doesn't it?
    In that case, can you upload a screenshot of the message somewhere and post a link here?
  • Adam,
    it does offer that - you're absolutely right. It was just the refreshing of about 200 footnotes that took a bit more time than what I gave it. And now it seems like its working just fine. Thanks for the help!