Zotero Standalone: Libreoffice cannot connect to Firefox

Distro: Pardus 11 i686, Libreoffice 3.3.0. The paths are set correctly, and it has actually worked until a few hours ago. Now I get the message 'Openoffice could not connect to Firefox...."

Error ID is:292754151
  • Have you restarted your computer?
  • I have reinstalled the extensions, but still the same result. New error ID is 648487766
  • Does Java work in Firefox? Standalone doesn't register a Java component.
  • yes, it does. I have been to Oracle's test page, and got the thumbs up
  • I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Standalone is picking up some of your browser plug-ins (Veetle and the OpenOffice.org document viewer), but isn't picking up Java. This probably has something to do with how your distro configures the Java plug-in. For now, the only advice I can provide is to use Zotero for Firefox for now and wait for the next version of Standalone, which will not require a Java browser plug-in for OpenOffice.org integration.
  • Firefox does now throw up an error message, too. Strange. This is the Firefox-report:
    Error ID 1243701355.

Java is still working fine, though
  • To get things working in Firefox, you can try installing our new OpenOffice.org plug-in. This won't help with Standalone for now, although it will be integrated into the next Standalone release.
  • That works. Thanks!