reformating HD and I saved zotero

I had to reformat my hard drive. Before reformatting I went to C:\ --> Document and Settings --> (user Name) --> Application Data --> Mozilla. I backed-up the Mozilla folder and saved it to a different drive. I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Firefox and Zotero. Then I coped the backed up Mozilla folder to replace the new Mozilla folder(that was created with the new installation of Firefox). I did not see my library appear so then I synced up Zotero with the server. I was able to retrieve some of my library, but how do I get Zotereo to recognize the data that was backed-up from the copied Mozilla folder?
  • Why don't you try to replace just the Zotero folder (instead of the whole mozilla, as described here
    http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
    I'm not sure exactly what replacing the entire mozilla folder does - I think it should work, but apparently not. Also, you never moved your Zotero directory away from the default settings, did you?
  • Thanks for the Link. I look forward to reading the information in the link. What do you mean "you never moved your Zotero directory away from the default settings, did you"?
  • in the Zotero preferences, in the advanced tab, you can designate where Zotero saves your data. Many people prefer not having it in the mozilla folder. Obviously, if you had done that on your old HD/Zotero copy, copying your mozilla folder wouldn't back up your library. That seems unlikely to be the case if you don't even know what I'm talking about, but I wanted to make sure all bases are covered.
  • No, I did not change the Zotero directory path, but I did follow your suggestions from your initial post and my library updated.

Thanks for your help