Firefox freezes EVERY TIME I open Zotero

I got Zotero working again and was very happy, because the program is GREAT.

That is...until it Firefox started freezing EVERY SINGLE TIME I open Zotero. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nope. And it isn't Firefox, because Firefox does not freeze until I open Zotero. You should know that I am running Firefox through a terminal server, but this terminal server is crazy fast, and nothing else has been problematic or slow.

I cannot install the standalone version (and don't want to, because it's probably buggy) because I don't have permissions. And I don't want to go back to Endnote. But I will. So what could be going on, and how could I fix it?

Thank you very much. I hope I can get this working again. I also hope that it keeps working, otherwise it won't be saving me time, it will be costly.
  • Have you disabled auto-sync in the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs to see if that's what's causing the freeze? (If it is, giving it a few minutes to finish is probably all you need to do.)
  • <------feels like a supreme douche.

Thanks, Dan. You are...well...the man.

Is the auto-sync just slow in general, or only slow on remote desktop connections (even if they are crazy fast)?
  • If it's performing a large sync, it might freeze briefly. But again, if you just let it finish, it should only happen once.