Style error: American Journal of Archeology (author-date)(dev)

Hi, I notice that citations created using the American Journal of Archeology (author date) style do not include "et. al." for multiple-authored papers. Thus a paper by J. Smith, A. Jones, P. Brown and C. White does not yield what I believe would be the proper citation: Smith et. al. 1978, 12

Rather, it yields:
Smith 1978, 12
  • I haven't been able to reproduce this. Investigating it did turn up a (different) bug in the processor, and I've just filed an update that covers that. But assuming that all authors are entered in two-field mode, I seem always to get et al. when the list is truncated in that style.
  • Hmmm. This error is recurring for me when there are two authors, and I think in the original case I reported it was an "et al" situation. When I switch to a different style in the document, the secondary author is listed in the citation. Switching back gives me just one author. I tried creating a new document and have the same problem.
  • Just got a bit of clarity on this: the situation involves single name authors only. In this case, the problem is with foreign-language author names (in standard text), where I've entered the name as one single entry to preserve alphabetization. When I switch to a lastname, firstname form for the item entry, and then update formatting on the document, the problem disappears. Also perhaps relevant: item type is "report."