zoteroIntegrationField.getCode error after transferring .doc from OpenOffice to Word

I have a Word document (.doc format), which I have edited in both OpenOffice and Word. I have the Document format preferences set to Bookmarks which I believe should enable cross-compatibility. Unfortunately, when I try to add a citation or change settings using MS Word, I get the following error: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) (zoteroIntegrationField.getCode). I have checked and I have the latest add-in for word (3.0b1). Have reported the problem with Problem ID 532034289.

Any help gratefully accepted as it's a big doc so I don't want to have to replace all citations. I want to do the final edit in Word due to my institution's formatting constraints.

NOTE: I have tried a basic test case creating a simple doc with 1 citation in OO, saving as .doc, opening in Word and adding a citation and it works! So this is some issue with the bigger document - I don't have a minimal test case (although can help develop one, or send the doc that fails if that helps). I should note that the bigger doc has many figures, tables etc. in it and probably around 100 citations.
  • Can you send the doc to support@zot...org? I have an idea about what might be happening, but it would be good to be able to test it.
  • I sent it last night - don't know whether it got through?
  • You have a bookmark inside the last reference of your bibliography. ("78; Dunlap et al., 2000"). I'm not sure how it got there, but if you delete it (or if you delete and re-insert your bibliography) it should fix things.
  • Simon, you are a star. It is fixed. I think it might have something to do with having an Appendix after my bibliography, separated by a page break rather than a section break (which I have now turned into a section break). Is this typically problematic?

For future reference - is there a quick way I could have tracked this down for myself, or just one down to experience?

Finally, do I mark this thread closed, or you, or just leave it?

P.S. I am really impressed by the speed and quality of support from the forum. Thanks again.