crashes firefox and endless sync, Linux Mint 10,

Hi

Love Zotero, recently converted. Would love to switch over to Linux, and chose Mint 10 Julia (all updated) as best newbie distribution.

However, on opening Zotero, I get stuck with an endless sync (on a good run), or a "not responding" message that doesn't seem to resolve on its own (on a bad run)... Yup, restarted browser several times now.

Details as far as I know how to grab are: F'fox 3.6.13, Zotero 2.0.9.

Ideas? Is more information required?

Gratefully

Ben
  • edited February 23, 2011
    I show repeated successful downloads from your account.

How long are you letting it process when it freezes? It will definitely freeze for a while on a large full-library download. Have you checked to see if there's disk/CPU activity?

You may also need to upgrade to Firefox 4 and Zotero 2.1 betas, which can fix problems with large downloads (and should also speed up the processing).
  • edited February 23, 2011
    Hi Dan, I appreciate your getting back to me so promptly.

That's interesting about "your side" showing successes on the download. I am not sure how long i let it run during a freeze, but I am just awake and can see that the sync arrow is still spinning, but nothing has happened for about 8 hours now.

I haven't checked for CPU activity - you mean like the graphs and lists offered in Windows Task Manager? - because I don't know how to get that tool running in Linux. Very much at the bottom of the Linux learning curve, but will research it over breakfast. However, I can say that only F'fox froze - everything else functioned during those times.

I'll give the betas a shot, too, with fingers crossed. Will come back and report success or failure.

Thanks

B
  • you should be able to get the equivalence to the windows task manager using
    gnome-system-monitor
    (at least for Ubuntu you can also add the system monitor as an icon to the top panel, I figure that must be possible in Mint as well)