Previewing bibliography styles

Hello everyone

Sorry to be asking a rather noobish question, but I could not figure it out on my own. How can I choose the style of the bibliography that will be inserted in my Word document when I click the Zotero Insert Bibliography button in the Add-Ins section of Word 2010's menu? It seems that no matter what style I select under Zotero's Preferences | Styles, my references always appear formatted in the same style (don't know which one it is, but it always gives the DOI code of the paper).

Also, is there a way of previewing what the bibliography will look like when formatted with a particular style? I would have expected to see a sample bibliography listed when, for example, mousing over one of the styles in the list at Preferences | Styles.

Many thanks for any help.
  • you can get previews of the styles either by hovering over a style in the repository:
    http://www.zotero.org/styles
    or - for specific citations - using this:
    chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul

you determine the citation style (which includes both in-text citations and bibliography) the first time you insert a citation into a document. You can change it later by using the "Document Settings" button in the Zotero Word plugin.
  • Thank you very much Adam!