Trouble with Root URI

I logged 1970706129

I'm a member of the group "Reinforcement Learning" - http://www.zotero.org/groups/37718

I think perhaps because I tried to upload more than the max allowed by my advisor's current 100MB of storage, the group ran out of space on the two files that I added - so I was getting errors because of that.

In addition, I was getting File not Found errors for all of the PDFs in this group, which are actually listed on the group library web page as uploaded (these were uploaded by my advisor).

So, I've had problems like this before. You just reset the file sync history. But this time, I got an error about trouble with a nonexistant root URI (I use the zotero.org storage as a paid member).

That error went away on subsequent syncs, but still the files remain unsynced from this library. Is there anything I can do? It is a real PITA to have to resync my whole library! And, I suspect that won't even work anyway.

Thanks,
Dav
  • Don't resync your library.

Do you have something set to use WebDAV in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences?
  • I've been using the Zotero option for webdav (though of course the word "webdav" doesn't appear when you're using zotero for storage) since December or so, generally without incident. Before that I was using my webdav share on mobileme, also without incident.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Reinforcement Learning group (set up by someone else), and not with something on my end. A large number of other references are syncing fine in my library.

DC
  • though of course the word "webdav" doesn't appear when you're using zotero for storage
    Not sure what you mean by this. The error you're getting is a WebDAV error related to syncing your personal library. It doesn't have anything to do with group file syncing.

1) Disable your other Firefox extensions. It shouldn't actually be possible to get this error.

2) Check, clear, and reenter your file sync settings in the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs.

3) If you're still having trouble, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.