2.1 b6 Generate Bibliography Error

Report ID: 1052225007

I'm using 2.1 b6 but also had the same problem in b5. It's on OS X 10.6.6.

I can't generate a bibliography. When I right click a reference in the centre column -- Create Bibliography from selected item -- I get:

[Javascript Application]
An error occurred generating your bibliography. Please try again.

I tried different citation styles dev and default.

Not sure if it's related but I can't Quick Copy a citation out of the central column either by dragging and dropping on on a text box. Can't generate a report id for this one.
  • What style are you using? Does this happen with any item, or just specific items?
  • I've worked through a few styles MLA, Harvard, various Chicago, plus two dev styles: History Journal and Oxford German. Seems to happen with all styles (no problem with Z 2.0). All the book and journal items I've tried it with so far report the same error, does not seem to apply just to specific items.
  • I can only reproduce this if I try to use a style that doesn't define a bibliography (e.g. Chicago Note without Bibliography), although I've fixed it there for 2.1b7. MLA is certainly working fine for me. Can you try resetting translators and styles?
  • I've reset translators and styles. You're right: I must have been selecting styles without a bibliography. With those styles (and with the dev styles) I get the error. Otherwise the the other styles (e.g. MLA) aren't generating the error.

Thanks for taking the time to fix it in b7.