Style Error: Journal of Clinical Psychaitry

There seem to be a couple of deviations from what's requested in the author instructions (link below):

1) intext numerals should be superscript and not in parentheses
2) journal names should be italicized
3) should be just a semicolon bewteen the publication year and the volume number (currently there is the year, a space, the month, another space, and then a semicolon)

Their example of a journal citation is:

Mammen OK, Shear MK, Pilkonis PA, et al. Anger attacks: correlates and significance of an underrecognized symptom. J Clin Psychiatry. 1999;60(9):633–642.

(taken from http://www.psychiatrist.com/documents/infoforauthors.asp#references)

Thanks for such an awesome service, and sorry I'm too chicken/incompetent to fix these myself!!
  • Additional note: interestingly, the citation style for the Archives of General Psychiatry actually does seem to match exactly what they're asking for in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, at least on the citations I've used so far!
  • please report back once you've done some more testing - the journal style currently is Vancouver (NLM) - the Archives use AMA - switching that is 2secs of work, but if we need a separate style that'd be a bunch more work.
  • Great; will update in prob a few days to a week. Thanks for your help!
  • Hi! Thank you for a great product! I am (like rhend) interested in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry citations. I can't find "Vancouver (NLM)" however have used "Vancouver with Superscript" instead. The numbering works well in the article, however when I insert the bibliography, the nr of max 3 authors isn't followed, other info is falsly included such as: (Internet), date cited and the webpage the info is acquired in.

Any tips?
  • have you tried the American Medical Association style?
    If that doesn't do it:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles
  • AMA style doesn't work either. I'd recommend removing the "Journal of Clinical Psychiatry" style on your list since it doesn't work.
  • if switched that to the AMA style - best I could tell it's correct, any problems, post here.