mac word 2011 plugin in not working with standalone?

I cannot cite on MAC Office 2011. Please help.
  • I am experiencing the same problem. I've re-installed the mac connector, but every time I go to cite something from the standalone, I'm told that "zotero cannot communicate" "please open firefox."

Is there way to tell word to look at the standalone and not the firefox?
  • fixed by uninstalling "macconnector" in Firefox and "reinstalling" macconnector in the standalone.
  • Can you see if this still happens if you open Standalone after closing Firefox? It sounds like the integrations ports are conflicting.
  • @jmhuculak Having the same or a similar issue. How do you uninstall macconnector in Firefox? I just see a button to Re-install Word Addin.
  • I believe what jmhuculak did was disable or remove the Mac Word integration from the Add-Ons window in Firefox.
  • Standalone will add a citation to a new document, but returns this error message when I try to add citation to a document started with the Firefox add-on.

[JavaScript Error: "syntax error" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 2009}]
  • is that with any style?
  • APA style on existing document. No style on new, test document.

Now, new problem, no coins in Chrome.
  • Sorry, I don't mean "coins", I mean the little Zotero markers that should appear to the right of the URL in the browser when things are working right.
  • again, is that for all pages? NY Times, Amazon.com?
  • Yes. No little markers on NYT or Times. No file folders with Google.
  • edited March 3, 2011
    What happens if you make a new document, add a citation using APA style, and then delete it and copy and paste the citations from the old document into the new one? (If this works, please save the old document.)
  • Now I just get "Word can't communicate with Zotero" on a new blank document.
  • edited March 10, 2011
    Reinstalled stand-alone Z and it is now working smoothly.

When I tried to add a citation to the older document I got error: "Zotero experienced error updating your document."

However I added the citation to a new document (APA style) and then copied it to the old document without a problem.
This discussion has been closed.