Can't download standalone for Mac: it hangs

I've tried several times from different connections to download Zotero standalone alpha for Mac at http://www.zotero.org/download/standalone/2.1a2/Zotero.dmg, but the download never completes. It's supposed to be only 31 Mb but it always says it'll take 5+ hours to download. Is there something weird about the file?
  • works fine for me - did you always use the same computer? Try clearing your browse cache or maybe even use a different browser.
  • Huh, that's weird -- can't get it to work in any browser (Chrome, FF, Safari) on the MacBook Pro, even with cache cleared. Downloads excruciatingly slowly and then hangs halfway. But it worked fine on my old MacBook. Very bizarre. I have no trouble downloading other stuff on the MacBook Pro. Well, onward!
  • I absolutely cannot get Zotero standalone for Mac OS X to download onto my Macbook. There are files that download (never the right size) and every time I try to install I get the error "image corrupted". I've even tried downloading onto a different computer and transferring the file by a thumb drive to the Mac, but the same thing happens.
  • The downloads almost never fail on the server side - it's some caching somewhere, if you can get to a different internet connection try that.