problems syncing

Hey,
I haven't been able to sync my library in the last couple of weeks. I have updated Firefox, if that matters, and this helped nothing at all. I still only get to 10-13% of the sync when the "A file syncing error has occured"-mark pops up. I really need my library to sunc, because I need to use it in a shared group.
I see that some people keep getting their problems solved as they "leave the sunc on over night etc" - that has not worked for me, it merley stops everytime. Have not recieved any conflict resolutions, as I saw other people had.

Hope you can help.

Report ID: 1384951927

Best,
Marte
  • Check your system clock. If it's correct, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • Dear Dan,
    I have now done the Debug thing, and after 17% syncing, it stopped again.
    The Debug ID is D1473978704

Best
    Marte
  • Your socket connection to the server was not read from or written to within the timeout period. Idle connections will be closed.
    This message is directly from Amazon S3, which Zotero File Storage uses. It likely indicates a problem with your network/proxy/etc., and I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to fix it.

You can hover over the progress bar to see file sync progress, though. You might actually be getting a few files through each time, so continuing to try may be your best bet.

Watching a network monitor could also be instructive. If this is a work computer, talk to your network administrator.

Also, this doesn't have anything to do with metadata syncing.