Zotero Standalone Libreoffice integration Linux

Again a problem with the LibreOffice integration. The plugin installs fine into libreoffice, the chosen java- environment is oracle's jre1.6.0_23. Still, as soon as I click one of the zotero-icons in libre-office I receive a message that the appropriate firefox-addon is not installed.

The Report-ID is 1382059310
  • Does integration work in Firefox?
  • I will check.
  • Nope, integration does not work in firefox, either.
  • The error report indicates a Java-related issue, but not the typical IcedTea problem (actually, it looks like maybe Java plug-in isn't loaded at all). Some ideas:

1) Are you on a x86_64 system (does "uname -p" show x86_64)? If so, you should install the x86_64 version of Zotero Standalone. The i686 version won't be able to load x86_64 Java.

2) Does Java work in Firefox (e.g. at http://javatester.org/version.html)? If so, can you provide an error report from there?
  • I am on a i686 system. Java works fine in Firefox, the testsite shows the most recent version installed. My libreoffice-installation is in a slightly unusual place (/opt/LibreOffice/...) I have adjusted the paths accordingly, and Firefox claimed to have installed the OpenOffice plugin correctly.
  • Well.... I have completely removed Zotero and then re-installed it, checked the LibreOffice-paths and the Java-installation, and still:

ReportID 944393329

Same with the Firefox-Version. I am bit out of my depth here, it seems
  • Can you generate a report ID from Firefox? The report from Standalone still indicates that Java is not being loaded at all.
  • edited February 6, 2011
    The Firefox report ID is 2088072801.
  • It looks like the Firefox and Standalone errors are different, although they could be related. Start by upgrading to Firefox 4.0b10; integration is known not to work with Firefox 4.0b9. If integration still doesn't work, try launching Firefox from the command line and let us know whether it spits out a Java-related error message appears when you try to add a citation. (Your error report indicates only a generic error being thrown by the Java plug-in.)