Library Bug?

I am having problems where the occasional attachments for files in my library are getting lost. I don't see any pattern to it. Any insights would be appreciated.

Examples:
UCLA Data Conservancy Library
Easterbrook, S., Singer, J., Storey, M. A., & Damian, D. (2007). Selecting empirical methods for software engineering research. Guide to Advanced Empirical Software Engineering, 285–311.
  • you'll need to specify "are getting lost" - they just disappear? Zotero produces an error?
    In general, attachments don't get lost - so either these attachments aren't actually getting lost, or something is quite troublingly wrong with your database.
  • I get the following error:

"The attached file could not be found.
    It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero."

I've used the built in tool to check the database integrity, but it doesn't find any errors.
  • However, as general feedback, i think it would be useful if the error message included the last known location of the file and the file name.
  • are you syncing several computers? - If you sync, but don't have file-syncing you'd see this message on the computer that doesn't have a file (you'd still see the file logo in Zotero).
    Another way would be if you somehow open the file and save it with a different file name. In rare occasions, Zotereo's "Rename" function has caused problems in the past, but I haven't seen any issues in the last months (if not years).

You should be able to see the filename in the right-hand panel.