this._session.style is undefined

I'm trying to edit and add citations to a document I haven't touched in several months. I get this error message
this._session.style is undefined

when I attempt to use Zotero to edit or add citations. The document is in Word 2003 and my Zotero add on and Firefox both seem to be at the latest version.

Any insights would be much appreciated.
  • This is a known problem in Zotero 2.1b5. It will be fixed in the next beta release.
  • In the meantime, do you have a suggestion for a workaround? Do I need to re-insert all the citations in this document or start over in a new file?
  • One person reported that the error cleared when they set Zotero to the APA style before refreshing. I'm not sure exactly whether or why that would step around the fault, but the flaw in the code was buried deep in the innards of the processor, so it's at least possible that it might work with your document too.
  • I just wanted to add an update on how things went: I restarted my computer and of course, Firefox and Word and no longer received this error message. However, strangely, my list of styles was also missing several that show up by default as well as the specific style (Urban Studies) that I had been working with.

I downloaded the style I needed (again) and everything seems to be working fine. I thought the developers would want to know about the fact that styles were somehow deleted.

Thanks for your help.