Zotero crash when inserting citation in table

Dear all,

I have a very urgent problem (I need to finish a book). Setup: Ubuntu, oowriter 3.2.1, FF and zotero up to date.

I want to make the following in the bottom row of a table

"Table 1: Description [Footnote]."

(I can't use captions because oowriter doesn't always allow footnotes in captions.)

The Number "1" is a variable from a oowriter field. (Strg F2).

Now when I enter a citation in the footnote a zotero error message appears. I can't copy it in here but it says something like:

"An error occured communicating with zotero: ... IllegalArgumentException ... 177, and much more."

I can kill the message and enter a footnote, but it will reappear (and double) the next time I try to cite something.

Furthermore there seems to be a problem with citation in footnotes which are in tables anyway. I can enter a citation directly in a row of the table which will cite the book right in the table. But an error appears when I enter a footnote and cite in the footnote.

This is really annoying, is there a way to fix it or a clever work around? I need to use tables and give my sources in a footnote.

Thank you so much!

Best,
versa
  • I can confirm this. The screenshot of the error is here:
    http://img841.imageshack.us/i/screenshotao.png/

The Zotero error is
    [JavaScript Error: "fields is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 421}]

As a workaround, I'd suggest adding the citation not with the plug-in, but using drag and drop from Zotero itself and then use edit bibliography to add the item to the bibliography. Not ideal, but currently the best there is - citations in tables have been an issue in Ooo for a while.