note and link bottom

When I mark a word in note and use the "chain botton", the browser immediately reduces to a little window. After I have restarted the browser, the word in note is marked as a link, however, it leads nowhere. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks!
  • I can't replicate this - what should happen (and does for me) is that a small, javascript controlled window pops up, where you input the target URL. Which OS, which Zotero version?
  • The small window pops up, the browser disappears. After I filled in the URL and restarted firefox the relevant word ist marked, but… (OS X 10.6.6, Zotero 2.0.9)
  • Better than an explanation: http://screencast.com/t/oQWcNoXfE
  • two issues:
    1. The html link in notes isn't clickable in general. That's an issue with the TinyMCE implementation known for a while. If you look at the html of the note you'll see the link is there and it will work if, e.g., you create a report

2. The small window opens in a tab (that then minimizes FF) instead of a new window - not sure why that is - not a major issue, but would probably be good to fix if it's a more general problem.
  • I'm guessing you (or an extension you installed) set Firefox to force new windows to open in a new tab.

Go to about:config in the Firefox address bar, search for browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction, right-click it, and reset it to 2.
  • That's it. Thank you!