Cannot sync - D931112064

Hi - Debug ID 931112064

I have not been able to sync for over a week now. I have tried multiple times, sometimes for over 12 hours.

I have now removed all zotero files and tried to sync up from scratch as I thought there may have been a lot of resolutions for the system to work through. This has not helped.

In an attempt to increase chances of a sync I have also tried to remove myself from multiple groups (logged in as a different admin) but the system will not process the removals. I have logged this issue in the troubleshooting forum.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Some indication of time to resolve the syncing would be much appreciated, I am sure you are working flat out on it.

Cheers
Mat
  • Hi

I have attempted a 'restore from server' but no luck at this stage - I do have a large sized library as I am a member of many groups.

Could someone please confirm for me what my best course of action is? Assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is urgent for me.

Thanks
    Mat
  • Thanks Dan

Report ID - 942398155 for the attempted restore from server
  • You don't need to keep trying to restore. Just sync normally.

Restart Firefox, click the sync icon, and post here.
  • On the server I see that you're downloading your complete library repeatedly, which means there's something wrong on your end. And your last five (at least) downloads were cached on the server, meaning they only took a few seconds.

Provide another Report ID after attempting a sync and waiting a couple minutes.
  • Report ID: 374045437

Thanks
  • OK, right:
    script stack space quota is exhausted
    See http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/16251/group-library/#Item_44

Same answer applies to you.
  • Thanks very much Dan. Can I just confirm that if I have no data currently on my C drive (as I tried to restore from server earlier) that if I upgrade to 2.1 and do a standard sync it will not overwrite the server data?

Probably a silly question but lots of other peoples data at risk.
  • edited February 6, 2011
    It will not. It's no different from syncing a fresh installation.
  • Dan I have upgraded to 2.1b5 and tried to sync. I checked for errors and noticed what I believe is the same quota issue you mention above.

Report ID: 421504761

Happy to wait to sync as long as it takes but I assume when this error is received it means it never will?
  • Sorry Dan I didnt see the need to upgrade firefox as well. Doing that now and will try.
  • Very happy to report that the upgrade has worked. Thanks very much for your assistance.

One of my collegues has a similar sized library and was having syncing issues late last week. If we see the 'stack space quota exhausted' error should he take the same action?