In Text Citiation

I have been having problems using a Leeds-Met Harvard Citation System:

Say I enter a citation at the end of the text as a reference as normal (Dimitroulopoulou et al., 2001).

Although, sometimes I want to edit the citation so it is within my text, as an example.

Dimitroulopoulou et al. (2001) says this...

I normally, insert the citation so it is like (Dimitroulopoulou et al., 2001) and then edit the citation directly in word or through "edit citation" and change it so it reflects Dimitroulopoulou et al. (2001). Although, recently, I have noticed when I open word and then open firefox so that I can continue to type my work. It changes all my intext Dimitroulopoulou et al. (2001) citations and reverts back to (Dimitroulopoulou et al., 2001).

Another issue is that all my reference contain Initials, yet most of the time the citations do not include the initial but sometimes it does? e.g. (C Dimitroulopoulou et al., 2001) So again, I've had to edit the citaiton or go to zotero and delete the initial?

BUG?
  • There is a "suppress author" selection the the word processor plugin. If you type the author name into the text and use that option, it will produce the effect you're after.
  • for the initials:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation