Cannot save from Google Scholar. 'Reset Translators' doesnt work.

Hi there am an academic researcher and noob to Zotero. Getting 'Cannot save' error for google scholar. I read a recent thread here where somebody told to 'Reset Translators' in the Advanced tab of preferences. I did, but in vain.
Please help me out.

Specs:
ID: 941054923
Network: University Network
Browser: Moilla Firefox 3.6.13

Awaiting replies....
Apta Chaitanya
  • We'll need an example URL.
  • Well it doesnt work for any link. here is an example though

http://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?q=selvaraj+Radha+2008+protein+expression+and+purification&hl=en&btnG=Search&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=on
  • what happens to zotero translators? I have tried on another machine with WinXP. It doesnt work too. But everyday I am doing in the evenings at home without a problem.

Is it time related ?
    OS related?
    or Network related?

Please somebody clarify this please.
  • I was able to capture both references from your sample link, as a multiple capture, through Google Chrome, into a Firefox Zotero running with the port connector enabled. The translator seems to work fine; there must be a special issue with your local systems.

A couple of questions ... Do the machines that fail connect to the Internet via a proxy? Is Google Scholar heavily used by people in your institution?
  • Yes and No. I tried on both of the computers with and without proxy. Both failed.
    And No, google scholar is not that much used in our university.
  • guys, one thing I found:

win7 with proxy : doesnt work
    Win7 without proxy : doesnt work
    WinXP with proxy: doesnt work
    winXP without proxy: Works!

so, Zotero fails on Proxied network and win7 Ultimate.
    Is this resolution OK guys?