Awesome tool!

This is such an awesome tool! As I've started using Chrome and occasionally Safari or IE in addition to Firefox, this tool lets me keep my Zotero collection in sync among my different browsers.

Just a few questions from testing out 2.1a2 so far:
-Is there a way to minimize the app to the system tray and start the application automatically at login?
-Will there be a task bar icon? - I'm assuming one will come with an installer?
-Chrome initially showed a popup that the extension was installed, but I couldn't get it to work until restarting the browser

Keep up the great work!
  • Note that if you're still using Firefox, you can actually use the Zotero instance in Firefox as your central repository, and the Safari and Chrome connectors can send citations to it. Type about:config in the address bar of Firefox and search for "connector". You'll want to double-click on the entry extensions.zotero.connector.enabled and restart Firefox.

To start standalone at login, use whatever system your operating system provides. In Windows, I don't know what is recommended, but OS X and Linux usually have pretty standard methods for doing so.

Minimizing to the system tray would make a lot of sense for people who want Zotero to passively receive citations much of the time-- I don't know what it would require, but it sounds like a great idea.

The icon will come in due course-- apparently the Mac version has one already, but there is a new one currently being debugged (per Twitter).
  • @ajlyon,
    Note that if you're still using Firefox, you can actually use the Zotero instance in Firefox as your central repository, and the Safari and Chrome connectors can send citations to it. Type about:config in the address bar of Firefox and search for "connector". You'll want to double-click on the entry extensions.zotero.connector.enabled and restart Firefox.
    Ha! I didn't know about that. Sweet.
  • Thanks ajlyon! Very neat – glad to find out about it here.
    kithairon
  • An enthusiast has posted high-res Zotero icons here: http://recktified.com/?p=83

I'm not sure how to install them in Windows, but I'm sure it's not too hard.