Sync Queuing for four hours

Hi,

I've ben trying to download my Zotero library to a new computer for a couple of days and seem to be getting the results discussed here http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sync_queuing The latest one has had me queuing since (I think) about 6 GMT. Since the page says I should start a new thread and someone will have a look at my account that is what I am doing.

It's worth pointing out that my library syncs perfectly in work and on a laptop.

Just for the sake of clarity, is downloading the full library the best thing for me to do when I am setting up on a new machine? I could copy my library over a LAN but my fear with doing that is that it will regard the files on the new machine as all new, upload them all and then push a download on the work machine and laptop. What's the most efficient thing to do do you think?
  • Just for the sake of clarity, is downloading the full library the best thing for me to do when I am setting up on a new machine?
    In theory, yes. While we're still transferring everybody over to the new architecture, only if you're willing to wait a while. You have a queued sync from over 4 hours ago. That's about the worst-case wait time in the download queue right now, so yours should finish pretty soon.

If you follow the official instructions for transferring a library, you won't get duplicates. The only way to get duplicates is to use export/import, which discards the unique keys that Zotero uses to determine item identity.
  • Thank you very much for coming back to me so quickly Dan. I'll try copying straight over the LAN in the morning and see what happens. Otherwise I'll have another go at downloading. Either way you've been a great help as always.
  • edited January 27, 2011
    It should have finished a little while ago.