Zotero Standalone Libreoffice Plugin : Firefox could not load plugin

I am running Zotero Standalone on Opensuse 11.4 (Milestone 5) with Libreoffice 3.3.0. Sun's JRE 1.6.0.2 (openjdk) and Sun's original JRE 1.6.0 are both installed. Zotero has installed the openoffice-plugin with no problem. However, Libreoffice does not seem to be able to communicate with Zotero Standalone. Instead it throws up the message:

"Zotero Integration Error. Firefox (?) could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed and try again"

Since I am testing with Chrome, I have not installed Firefox on this system at all. Any idea what might be going wrong here?

The error report ID is: 1723152091
  • Your error report indicates that the IcedTea Java plug-in is set as the default Java plug-in. You need to set the Sun Java plug-in as the default on your system, or else remove the IcedTea Java plug-in.
  • You are right. I had deleted the icedtea-plugin symlinks in /usr/lib64/browser-plugins and in /home/.../.firefox/.... but had forgotten about the /home.../.mozilla/... plugin-directory, where a symlink could still be found. After deleting that one everything works alright. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.