Linux problem with space (%2520) on attached PDFs.

Can you help me?

I have the same problem as already mentioned on:
http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/9226/wrong-uri-encoding-when-attempting-to-view-filesnapshot
I didn't get what was the meaning of "beta 7.5".

In my case I renamed quite a few of my PDFs by "Rename File from Parent Metadata" feature.
It worked on Windows, but now I am on Linux, and the the spaces are messing up the filename when I open the attached file.

I get something like
"Could not open file:///home/guilherme/zotero/storage/GGUTI25T/Prewett%2520et%2520al.%2520-%25202008%2520-%2520Stress-induced%2520curvature%2520of%2520focused%2520ion%2520beam%2520fabri.pdf"

The actual filename is: Prewett et al. - 2008 - Stress-induced curvature of focused ion beam fabri.pdf

The mapping of "space" to %2520 is breaking things here...

- Is there a way to fix it (maybe a way to pass correct scape sequence '\ ' to the OS)?
- Is there any way to tune the "Rename from Metadata" feature? So that it uses underscores instead of spaces (as an example)?
- Is there any way to rename an attachment manually (without deleting and reintroducing in the library)?

Running openSUSE 11.2, Firefox 3.6.13, Zotero 2.0.9, Okular 0.9.1, KDE 4.3.5

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
  • "I didn't get what was the meaning of "beta 7.5"."
    I think that's just a reference to a then released beta version of zotero - something like 2.0.b7.5 or so.

"Is there any way to tune the "Rename from Metadata" feature? So that it uses underscores instead of spaces (as an example)?"
    Yes in general - look at the AttachmentRenameFormatString hidden pref
    http://www.zotero.org/support/hidden_prefs
    but I don't think that will help, because you can't remove spaces in titles or between authors.

"Is there any way to rename an attachment manually (without deleting and reintroducing in the library)?"
    On the top of the right-hand pane, where it's printed in bold.
  • Thanks for the prompt reaction!

I never noticed that the attachment name was an active field on the right pane!
    For the moment it solved the issue. ;)

I will have a further look on the hidden pref!

You saved my day (night actually)...
    Thanks once more!