Internal script error while syncing

I have a library of 620 items and just started synching files to a non-Zotero WebDAV server. Everything sync'ed properly from my home machine. Now I'm trying to sync from my laptop. I get an error and the JavaScript error included in the following error report. I'd be happy to try some things to help diagnose it. I reported this as ID #1147229737.
  • edited January 18, 2011
    Unexpected status code 404 for OPTIONS request in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.WebDAV.getLastSyncTime()
    Not much we can do to help you with this. It's a problem with either your network or the WebDAV server. If you've used the WebDAV server from elsewhere, it's likely the network. If you're connected via a proxy server, that's likely the problem.
  • Thanks for the super quick response.

Does this mean that it received a file not found trying to access "lastsync" in the zotero directory? Would I have gotten a different error for no access to the server at all (say, unable to connect to port 80 on the server?)

Thanks.
  • Does this mean that it received a file not found trying to access "lastsync" in the zotero directory?
    Well, making an OPTIONS request for it. You can test yourself in a browser what it returns for a GET request. A proxy could easily interfere with an OPTIONS request, which isn't used in normal web browsing.
    Would I have gotten a different error for no access to the server at all (say, unable to connect to port 80 on the server?)
    Yes.
  • There is nothing in the server's log files showing any access at all at that time so it looks like some kind of proxy or web filter on that network. I'll dig into that the next chance I get. Thanks so much for your help.