Zotero Standalone Alpha 1

Dear Zotero Team,

Kudos for the alpha 1 of zotero standalone. I was waiting for this for a long time. It seems to work just fine. A couple things however did not work as expected:

1) Every item in my library has a pdf file associated. When I try to open the pdf in the standalone zotero version, nothing happens...
2) Also, I can't use all the features for file handling (e.g. the option "rename file from metadata" is not available
3) I'm using standalone zotero together with Google chrome. In zotero for Firefox, I was able to save proxies so that I get prompted with my library login when I first open Google scholar. That was a very convenient option as I was only prompted with the library login once and not every time I try to download a file... this feature doesn't work as of today in zotero standalone alpha 1.

Keep up the good work!
Steve
  • I doubt 3) can be done by Zotero Standalone for Chrome - those types of things are one of the draws of having the program integrated in the browser, after all.

That said, the functionality isn't really tied to other things Zotero does, so it's very possible that some other proxy detection plugin for Chrome already exists.
  • I agree. I guess this functionality should be removed from the standalone version then as it suggests that it is possible...
  • Zotero ability to detect reference in chrome is unprediciatable, the sign does not show everytime, sometimes you have to reload the page or retype the address to get it if your lucky
  • Please provide specific URLs that work intermittently, so we can look into it.