Tile current web page and right column (information panel)

When one encounters a web page with bibliographic information that Zotero cannot sense automatically, one has to enter the data manually. In such instances, the Collections (left column) and References (middle column) panels take up valuable screen real estate and absolutely get in the way.

I would like Zotero to add an option to the right column (Information panel) that tiles it and the current web page, and only these two items, on the screen. Ideally, one should be able to toggle through vertical and horizontal tiling (most, but not all, web pages lend themselves to vertical tiling) and, separately, go back to the standard view.

If these features are too difficult to implement, at least add the capability of displaying one, two, or all three panels, in any combination, in the Zotero area.

Perhaps this feature could be implemented by offering, as an alternative to the standard view, a view that displays each panel in its own, separate window.
  • This is planned.
  • Sidebar display of Zotero would resolve this, and some on has put together a work in progress to resolve this. I'm sure that you and I are not alone in really looking forward to being able to sidebar zotero, and never turning it off again :>
  • Doh - forgot to provide link to thread with info on the sidebaring extension that I being developed.

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/1107/view-collection-in-sidebar/#Item_3