Google Scholar Not Working?

Attempts to save items from Google Scholar are all failing for me.

(I have disabled all extensions except Zotero. I am running Zotero 2.09 with Firefox 3.6.13 on a Mac running OS 10.6.5.)

Sample URL:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=blum+kalai+Learning+from+Multiple-Instance+Examples&btnG=Search&as_sdt=400000&as_ylo=&as_vis=0

It does not matter which item I check off; I get the Translator Failed error message whether I'm trying to save an item coming from Springer or a PDF coming from Citeseer.
  • works for me - did you use google a lot? At some point it may lock you out. Otherwise, provide an error report ID.
  • Google Scholar has not locked me out. I'm a medium-heavy user (academic researcher) but don't seem to reach their limit.

My error report ID is 1654798917
  • A further issue: Right click and Export Items does not work properly. I uninstalled and reinstalled Zotero, just to clear out files, and did some successful imports of books from amazon, attempts to Export bring up a window with a blank scroll wheel by "Format:" and a blank line (empty progress bar perhaps?) under "Translator Options."

Right after doing that my error report showed:

[JavaScript Error: "this._sandbox.doExport is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js" line: 2267}]

I would post a small screen shot of it, but I don't see an attachments option for this Forum.

I didn't realize that looking at the error report and not posting it cleared it, so I believe the line above is not in the error report I just posted. That is:

Zotero error report: 439308983
  • This all sounds weird - try going into the Zotero preferences, advanced tab, and click reset translators and styles. Restart Firefox and then see if the issues persist.
  • Reset translators and styles did indeed solve the problem.

Didn't know that was in the advanced tab of Preferences or I would have tried it as one of my first 2-3 actions to solve the problem!
  • This is pretty rare, that's why I don't think it's right there in the troubleshooting - but we should probably make sure it's mentioned somewhere.
  • I'm having the same problem. Firefox 17.0. OSX 10.7.5.
    Zotero 3.0.8

Clicking the folder in the google scholar url window gives the the list as usual. Items can be selected (the check marks appear), but clicking on OK does not put the item in the zotero library.

I've reset the translators and styles, but this does not fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Firefox 17 won't be supported until it's official release on November 20th - it requires a new Zotero version.
  • these darn automatic updates to firefox...I'll go back to the prior version

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.