No syncing with browser Iceweasel - Linux Distribution Aptosid [not actual]

Hello Forum,

I use Zotero 2.0.9 on a desktop PC with Linux Ubuntu. Syncing of my library is fine at the desktop.

Now I installed Zotero on a Notebook, with Linux Aptosid and the Browser iceweasel 3.5.16 (firefox isn't able under Linux Aptosid).

The library is not be synced at my notebook till now. The green sync-aerrow does nothing when I click on it. It shows no time for the last syncing when I ride with mouse over it.

I am sure to use the same login-parameters on the notebook as on my desktop and I'm able to login from the notebook at the website of zotero and see online my library.

So, is there a syncing-problem with the linux distribution aptosid or with the browser iceweasel ?

Best regards
bau4men
  • Have you restarted the browser?
  • Hello Dan,

yes I restarted the browser, an the operating system a few times - same missing syncing.

I've changed my Distribution to Linux Mint with firefox and just the same hardware. Now everything about zotero works allright.

When I will give the Distro 'aptosid' another try in future, I will have to check, if the syncing problem still stands. Maybe it is an incombatibility.

So long
    bau4men
  • Hi !

I use Debian Squeeze with standard Ice Weasel provided with it :
    Sync can be very slow if you have a lot of references.

At the beginning I thought that it doesn't work because it is not firefox but if you wait a whiiiiile it work fine.

It is only due to the first sync after it's ok.
  • First sync can be slow for standard Firefox as well. Glad to hear this is working fine.