Quick change and simple addition of OpenURL resolvers

Hi!

The selection of an an OpenURL resolver is still pretty hidden in Zotero 1.0. If you need to use multiple resolvers, its a pain to switch.

Could you add an icon the the "Find"-Button to directly show the dropdown-list of OpenURL resolvers? User should be able to change the resolver with two clicks (1. open dropdown list, 2. select) and add a new resolver with three (1.open dropdown list, 2. select "...add", ...type in URL... 3. OK)

Most people neither want to, nor have to now what an "OpenURL resolver" is - if you directly link the selection of the resolver with the "Find" button, its simple to understand: The proposed dropdown selection next to the "Find" button just lets you specify "where to find" or "who to make find" - OpenURL is just an internal protocol that a user should not be bothered with.

Thanks and greetings,
Jakob
  • Great suggestion, I'd love to see that feature too!

Living in Berlin, I am using several different libraries simultaneously. Changing the resolver URL back and forth in preferences is quite painful. The ability to save and directly access a user set of resolvers and run a search on any of them with a single click in a drop-down list would therefore dramatically enhance usability for any multi-library-user.

BTW, I've compiled a list of OpenURL resolvers for German libraries, see:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/2657/openurl-resolvers-for-german-libraries/