New csl style - Journal of Social Archaeology

I've made a style for the Journal of Social Archaeology and uploaded it as a gist:

git://gist.github.com/765483.git

It matches the citation style of the actual journal rather than those that are posted on their website, which for some reason are different. It seems to work pretty well except for the following issues:

- there is supposed to be a period after a single editor but not after multiple editors (e.g. ed. and eds). I couldn't work out how to do this.

- There is an extra space between 'in' and the title of chapters. This is to keep a space between 'in' and the title of conference papers. I tried to create a separate group for conference paper but couldn't get it to work, so I fudged it.

Any suggestions or improvements are most welcome!

Greig
  • if that's OK I'll upload this to the repository as soon as I get a chance.
  • The two issues you mention should be resolvable in Zotero 2.1 / CSL 1.0, when you shift to it or it comes out of beta.

For the ed. / eds issue, you can modify the default localized term, by adding a locale node above the macros section of the style. It only needs to contain that one term. See http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html#locale for details.

For the spacing issue, the CSL processor in Zotero 2.1 should suppress the extra space for you automatically.

(Note that these two comments refer to CSL 1.0 only.)
  • Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at adding a locale node. I tried the beta of 2.1 a month or two back and had issues, so I might wait until it comes out of beta.
  • style is up in the repository.