Search for item type broken?

I have tried to set up a saved search for an item type, without success. It works fine when I search in the title field, for example, but not in item type.

I search for items where "type" "contains" "article", and get zero hits.

I am using a Swedish version of Firefox, and I first thought this was a translation issue. However, searching for the English item type names does not make any difference.

Is this feature broken, or am I doing something wrong?

I am using Zotero 2.0.9 on Firefox 3.6.13 on Mac OS 10.6.5.
  • That type is not for item type, but rather for things like Thesis type. A tooltip should appear over the Type entry in the dropdown, listing the fields that the Type field corresponds to.
  • Aha!

The "item type" I was looking for had been translated into something rather oblique. (Perhaps I would have been able to discover that if it had not been so darn difficult to change language in Zotero.)

Anyway, thanks a lot. I'll try to get hold of the Swedish translator and inform him/her of the problem.
  • If you just provide a better option, we can fix the translation for the next release of Zotero.
  • Sorry, I started a new thread, to get a better title for issue: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/15703/confusing-swedish-translation-of-item-type/
  • And you can switch the Zotero and Firefox interface language (and much more!) using Quick Locale Switcher.