Style Request: [Clinical Infectious Disease - CID]

Hello developers and zotero friends,

I looked around for CID (clinical infectious disease) style and I found some ancient posts with some discussion about it, but I was not able to find the style itself. Also, I looked around zotero documentation about new styles, although it may be possible to edit old one to create new one, and this documentation section seems to be pretty rich, I was intimidated by this XML code. Thus, I tried to follow the recommendations about requesting new styles:

1 - Similar Style: In CID instructions for authors there is "CID reference style is based on the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals.", but what this means exactly? I cant say. So I assume that this is similar to Vancouver style.

2 -Style Guide: Unfortunately I did not find any style guide for this style, but there is some examples at the CID instruction for authors website under the "References" subheading: http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/cid/for_authors/ms_prep.html At this same subheading, there is comment that this style is available for EndNote. ?:-\

3 Differences from Vancouver and CID examples:
a) Vancouver uses parenthesis "( )" in citations and CID uses brackets "[ ]"
b) CID always uses abbreviated journals name according to medline index, cant say if vancouver is the same, although is looks the same.
c) at CID bibliography examples there is no "at al" with multiple authors, cant say if vancouver is the same, although it looks the same.
d) Authors George W Bush and Bill Clinton Smith will look like
Vancouver: Bush GW, Smith BC.
CID: Bush,GW, Smith,BC. - comas are used between last and first name instead of spaces.
e) in CID, the publishing year is always bold font
f) the expression that comes after the website references is like "Available at: http://www.aidsinfo.nih.org. Accessed 24 April 2002.", while in vancouver it would look like "[24 April 2002];Available from: http://www.aidsinfo.nih.org."
g) If the work is in press then the expression "[In press]" replaces the year, volume and pages.
h) The CID example with book sections is pretty much the same, but theres is no "p." indicating the pages, just the page range as "456-467" as in journal pages.

At the moment, I cant see any further differences between Vancouver and CID. I really hope this may help the development for this style.

Kind regards to all.
  • I've uploaded a CID style - I've followed what the journal actually does rather than the styleguide, which is completely useless and inconsistent - so I've left author names as in Vancouver and I've only printed journal dates in bold. Should shwo up on the repository soon.
  • Thank you adam. I came back from vacation today. I will use it the next couple days, check as carefull as possible the outputs and give some feedback.

Kind Regards
  • Adam, the style for Clinical Infectious Diseases is incorrectly inserting a full-stop after words in journal title abbreviations.

For example, "Trop. Med. Int. Health 2015; 20:1733–1744." when the style used by the journal is, "Trop Med Int Health 2015; 20:1733–1744." (Year in bold font.)

Can this be fixed?
  • @LiborA
    Can you get a fix in for this if it needs one? Not on my PC for a few days. :)
  • If we speak about Oxford Journal Clinical Infectious Diseases (in the repository is not any other Clinical Infectious Diseases style) then the problem is not in the style. This style template does not add full-stop after abbreviated journal name. It seems like @shannf has the full-stops in the metadata.
  • It should have strip-periods="true" in the style