Please update the following knowledge article for Win 7 users: How ...move Zotero... new computer

RE: Knowledge artice or forum post: "How can I move my Zotero library to a new computer?"

With the new year, I'm sure I'm not the only user who is going to be putting their old Win XP systems to pasture, and getting in the saddle of new Win 7 system(s). As I write this, 2 new HP systems are being prepared for shipment to me. I'll be in Win 7 Pro.

Under Option A: "Copy the Library Folder," the instruction for moving a Zotero library stops with Win Vista. I think I speak for many other users who are using the new year to migrate to new Win 7 systems. Could you please, kindly, update your documentation so that end users can confidently follow the steps to put Zotero 2.X on a brand new system?

Also, please see my related post in the sync forum entitled: "Please update the following knowledge article for Win 7 users: Using a Folder Synchronization Service." Brad
  • I've clarified that the location is the same in Vista and Win 7, but, since the AppData directory is usually hidden, the easiest way to open the Zotero data directory is usually to use "Show data directory" in the Zotero preferences, as the page notes.