still some citation issues with rc5 and word plugin

Though my citations now have first names and are going in in order, there are still punctuation issues (no period at end) and page numbers do not show up in the first citation, and sometimes subsequent ones either.

The page number thing is especially frustrating, because since it is at the end of the citation, I cannot edit it (it will not let me delete the last character). If I try to insert citations with no page numbers, zotero cites the total page # of the book (which I delete when I can-- but it's not practical to do this for my whole library). So, for example:

Paul Sutter, Driven Wild: How the Fight Against Automobiles Launched the Modern Wilderness Movement (Seattle: University of Washington Press, 2002), 343

this is the citation I get when I try to add the book with no page number-- there are 343 pages total in this book.

Is there a way to override the standard formats to direct Zotero not to include certain fields? If I could just insert citations with no page numbers, and add them manually, that would be fine for now. Other solutions welcome too, of course.

Lower-tech answers would be helpful (sorry).
thanks
Bess
  • I've had this same issue, using Chicago (Note with Reference list), and if you're using the Word plugin version 1.0b1, clicking "edit citation" and then "show editor" allows me to insert the page reference by hand.

First I had to delete all the "page numbers" fields from books in my Zotero database. If the book has 300 pages, and I tell the Word plugin that my reference is on page 14, then it will reference page 314.

Only the first reference to that work usually needs this, since the subsequent ones seem to include the page number.