import/export seems broken in Zotero 2.09 Mac

Import and export no longer seem to be working. I've tried importing a reference exported as RIS and Bibtex from JStore but Zotero doesn't recognize it. I tried importing it into RefWorks and it imported fine.

I exported it from RefWorks in both RIS and Bibtex formats and it will not recognize the reference. I've exported from RefWorks before and Zotero has recognized references in both formats. Now, no matter what I do I get the dialog that says "Not a supported format". I tried the same with another reference in RefWorks that HAS successfully exported and been imported into Zotero.

Finally, I tried to export something from Zotero to see if I could compare what Zotero is creating with the other reference exports. There is no way to select an export format because the format pull-down does not work (that is, clicking it does nothing).
  • Things to try:

1) Restart Firefox.

2) Reset your translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.

3) Disable your other Firefox extensions.
  • Thanks

Things to try:

1) Restart Firefox.

Didn't work

2) Reset your translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.

Did work!

3) Disable your other Firefox extensions.
  • Hi all,

I am having problems with even getting to the error stage described above. I have been using Mendeley and am trying to convert to Zotero. I exported my mendeley library as a *.bib file and a .RIS file but when I go to import them into zotero, it won't read them, e.g. when I go to select them, the icons and text are grayed out, so I can't select them. I have the most current firefox and zotero. I don't know if this matters but I am trying this on a mac.

I have also also tried the above three suggestions to no avail.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks
  • This seems to be due to a recent change to Firefox. I'll look into fixing it, but for now, you may be able to get around this by renaming the file to end in "rdf".
  • edited July 5, 2011
    Alternatively, go to about:config and reset filepicker.lastTypeIndex.

I'm closing this thread, because it's off-topic (this is not about Firefox 2.0.9, or at least I hope it's not, and the issue reported above was fixed).
This discussion has been closed.