A few bugs and suggestions for the Advanced search

Hey all,

Here are a few bug reports and suggestions for the Advanced Search function. Thanks in advance for any replies!

- when pressing the + or - button in a maximised Advanced Search window, the window restores down to a normal window

- it would be good to be able to choose the columns available in an Advanced Search window, just like you can in the normal Zotero window that shows entries in your collection (currently only Title and Creator are available in the Advanced Search window)

- I noticed that when doing an Advanced Search by Title, the search results actually return entries that have the search word in the *file name* rather than in the actual Title field of the entry. So for example I have an entry for a journal article that has the Title: "Number and language: how are they related?", with the attached PDF having the file name Gelman_Number&Language_2005_TICS.pdf. If I do a search for Title="and language", nothing will show up, but if I search for Title="Gelman_", then it will find it!
  • Hello all,

+1 for the cutomisable column list. Indeed, I would find having publication dates very useful after doing a search by Creator. Also note that the advanced search is sometimes more confortable to use than the document list from the main Zotero window, since it is bigger !

Best regards,

-- Skiaphrene