Speed of 'tag' feature; database size fluctuations; n.d. or 'in press' date indicators;

Hello. I'm happy to be testing out zotero as a replacement for Endnote. I have several questions at present.

I'm running a WinXPsp2 machine, 512MB RAM and 1.8GhZ processor. I've moved a 1200 record database from Endnote and performed basic file maintenance to (hopefully) fix all the translation errors from the Endnote export tool.

1. The 'tag' feature seems to be very slow in responding to 'add' requests. Is this a function fo file size and is there a way I can speed up the process of entering new tags?

2. While I've added a few references to the zotero database in the last day, I notice that the database itself (in the Firefox/profiles/... directory) has actually shrunk! Does the database automatically compact itself in ways that would account for a several hundred KB reduction in size?

3. For references without a date (in which I've used the 'n.d.' abbreviation or 'in press' or such), the zotero database screen displays '0000' and when these records are inserted into a document, no numbers or letters appear in the citation. Will this be addressed in a future release?

3a. The above occurs on my computer at my office. On my home computer references show 'n.d.' 'in press' etc. I installed and configured these two setups from the same files downloaded at the same time from the Firefox website and zotero website.

Can this variant behavior be explained and can I get my office setup to behave like my home setup?