FF 4 Beta 7 "Zotero Won't Start" following Workaround

Having encountered the FF 4 Beta 7 Zotero issue, I followed the workaround to delete the compreg and xpti files in my profile and also unzipped the zotero@chnm.gmu.edu file into its own directory in Extensions before deleting the archive. This improved my situation such that upon starting FF the Zotero installation upgrade dialogue appeared. Then I received this error:

(NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.createStatement]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 292" data: no] [QUERY: SELECT leafName, translatorJSON, code, lastModifiedTime FROM translatorCache] [ERROR: no such table: translatorCache] [QUERY: SELECT leafName, translatorJSON, code, lastModifiedTime FROM translatorCache] [ERROR: no such table: translatorCache]

Zotero asks to send it to developers and I click next but it never seems to send the information.

If I click cancel I get a message my browser opens. Then if I click Zotero under the Tools menu I get: "There was an error starting Zotero."
  • Generate real-time debug output for the startup/upgrade attempt and e-mail it to support@zot....org with a link to this thread.
  • You said in your e-mail that you didn't think you had a previous installation of Zotero, but your debug output shows an upgrade from 1.0. Since no one else has reported this, I'm not going to bother debugging it—just trash your Zotero data directory and start fresh.
  • Worked - FF4 must have brought in an old Zotero directory I had from my FF3 (or even 2 it was so long ago) profiles. Thanks for your patience - it works great now. I have it syncing in Windows & Linux and with both MSWord2010 and LibreOffice 3
  • Hi jharman,

I´m interested in the versions you used. I also tried to bring to work LibreOffice and Zotero but the following happened: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/15243/libre-office-action-not-supported-invalid-procedure-call/

Maybe you have an idea for me...
    Thanks in advance and a Happy New Year!

Peter