Lost information HELP !!!!

Hi,

Recently I had to reinstall all my Zotero library. I thought I did a backup, but now I'm realizing that all the entries I made from February 27 to November 10th, is missing !

What can I do ?? Please help !!

bests,

Pablo
  • I have just verify in My Library on line, and all items are there. This afternoon I will check on my external hardrive for the backups I have.

In case there are two or more backups, how can I recognized the most recent of them ?

Still Help !!!!!

Radinito
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
    In case there are two or more backups, how can I recognized the most recent of them ?
    The file date.
  • Thanks Dan,

I've founded two backups, from different dates. Just to be sure I'm doing the right thing (please forgive my ignorance): does the size has something to do with the time I have spent working in my database ? I mean, I'm assuming the bigger the backup is, it means that more information has been added into it.

Version 1 has an "storage" folder last modified on January 24, 2010. Then there are several sqlite items: sotero.sqlite, sotero.sqlite.1.bak, zotero sqlite.64.bak, zotero.sqlite.72.bak, zotero.sqilte.bak and zotero.sqlite-journal, most of them between 35,212 KB and 46,486 KB. All of them from february 2010, except one from November 2009.

Version 2 has an "storage" folder last modified on September 28, 2010 and only two sqlite items: zotero.sqlite (modified on May 22, 2009, 2797 kb) and zotero.sqlite.bak (May 20, 2009, 2730 KB)

I'm puzzled because none of this versions correspond to the dates I made the last backup. According to me it was only last week, in between 9 or 10 november.

Finally, after posting the last message, I made a sinchronisation in my newly installed Zotero library, and there's a message while passing the cursor over the green rounded arrow "Dernier synchronisation: il y a 263 jours" [Last synchronisation: 263 days ago], which correspond more or less to the time I'm missing in my database. I clicked to sinchorise it and it keeps rolling, but the items I'm looking for (and that I saw in the on line version of my library) are still missing.

I'm not really sure what shall I do... Restore from one of the backups or wait to the synchronisation to finish.

Merci beaucoup and I look forward for your help !

Pablo
  • edited November 17, 2010
    first, make a copy of all of your back-ups and keep them in a safe location.
    Usually zotero.sqlite is the most recent version.
    But - there is really no reason to keep guessing - you can just try this out - if a lot of information is missing in that one - try one of the others (it's unlikely to be the 64 and 72 ones, which are backups Zotero makes automatically prior to a database upgrade.)

Edit: But since these are all kind of old, I'd just wait for the sync to finish - that might take considerable time - see how things look then.