after saving a webpage (webdav) I got an error

I had a problem when storing a webpage... WEBDav returned some weird access error....

The issue has been reported twice, with the following numbers:

• This doesn't have anything to do with saving webpages. It's a file sync error.
    [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Unexpected file upload status 405 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.WebDAV._onUploadComplete()'
    This indicates you're receiving an HTTP 405 error from your WebDAV provider. We can't help you with that. Zotero works with properly configured WebDAV servers, and we can't support non-working servers. Does Verify Server in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences work?

Try disabling your other Firefox extensions, in case one of them is somehow causing this. If you continue to have problems, you'll probably need to find another WebDAV provider. (You can post a Debug ID for the sync attempt and we can take a cursory look and tell you what request is triggering this in case you want to try talking to your current provider, but you're on your own otherwise.)
  • Thank you for your detailed answer. I am using a WebDAV hosted on my own server. I traced the problem down to my recent upgrade from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.10 (through 10.04). Somehow it replaced my customised

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl

with the new Ubuntu 10.10 version (saving the original), which broke the WebDAV service in the Apache config (while a simple http website was still working). Once I figured out what happened, I restored the original file, restarted Apache, and Zotero sync by access to WebDAV worked again.

Thanks again for the prompt and informative reply!

Sergio