Associate a PDF file with the citation I'm adding.

Hi there folks, newbie here!

I added quite a lot of PDF to Zotero, and it did a great job at recognizing nearly half of them (which is way better than Mendeley). Now, I have a hundred or so papers to do by hand, and I'm getting frustrated with the following:
I matched all the unrecognized documents with a saved search for "pdf" (at the first level). I was hoping to go through that list, see the filename (neatly named "author-author_year_title.pdf"), go to, say, google scholar, and tell Z to link the the current citation with the PDF. Trouble is, it seems I can't do that. So this is what I do: I add the citation, then search for some keywords (say, the title of the paper), for the PDF and the Citation to show up (thanks to the naming of the PDF). I then drag the PDF on the citation. Done. But this is a very cumbersome process ; my question is then: is there any simpler way?

Thank you very much for this great product.
  • If you have a collection selected when you add the items from Google Scholar, you won't have to search through your entire library to find what you've just added. If you have a collection that contains the item-less PDF, just select it while adding the new parent item from an online database.
  • Thanks ajlyon ! Creating a collection out of the saved search was the wise thing to do. After that, I add the citation for the first PDF (which ends up on top thanks to a sorting according to Creator), I drag and drop the PDF in the citation, and delete this item from the collection. Next!

Thanks again, that's great.
  • Glad I could help.