myxml.localName() is null

I'm trying to sync my zotero and this error is reported

myxml.localName() is null

I have been experienced a lot of problems in my Windows 7 laptop, so I don't know if it is something related with the change from Windows 7 to this laptop (XP).
  • Unless that very error is what showed up when you clicked the sync error icon, you almost certainly did not get that error during syncing. If it showed up only in the error reporting wizard after you clicked Report Errors, it's totally unrelated. Don't try to interpret error reports yourself—just provide a Report ID.
  • Though, it's probably unrelated, I also discovered this error after a failed sync operation. Syncing had been broken for a couple days, as described here:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/14743/syncing-problem-associated-libraries-are-locked/

until I wiped and restored by local library from the server. Syncing appeared to be working again. Making changes to my library from another computer (which never had any problems) then resulted in the syncing failing on the first computer again. After another manual sync, everything appeared consistent again.

I tried to submit an automatic error report, but it hangs and doesn't submit. The text is here, if this helps.

[JavaScript Error: "myxml.localName() is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/citeproc.js" line: 397}]

[JavaScript Error: "myxml.localName() is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 870}]

[JavaScript Error: "myxml.localName() is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 870}]

My Platform:
    Zotero 2.1b2
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101027 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.12
  • Try changing your Firefox locale to en-US and restarting Firefox. Let us know if that fixes the problem.
  • Since resyncing, I cannot reproduced the issue. If it returns, I'll try the US locale and disabling other extensions and report back here.