Anglia Ruskin Harvard Referencing 2010

124»
  • edited March 17, 2012
    I have posted a re-worked Anglia Ruskin style at https://gist.github.com/2047129

I have attempted to simplify things, although that is not so easy with the Anglia Ruskin style! The Limerick Harvard style you mentioned above looks much more internally consistent. There are a few more hoops to jump through to get the required layout for the Anglia Ruskin style.

If only basic functionality for books, journals, chapters, websites etc were needed, things could be simplified even further (if you wanted to use that for Harvard 1).

Let me know what you think - and if you have any further suggestions for change.
  • Hi stvn-s,

Thank you for your hard work on this style; I assume you are the author of the same style downloadable on the Zotero style database!

I am a UCL student in a department which requires use of Harvard and a supervisor who is stringent about ensuring we stick to it, hence my use of the Anglia Ruskin Harvard style which I have found to be the closest to what is expected.

However when I cite the same author in two different papers of the same date, there is no letter disambiguation of the dates. For instance, when I cite 2 different House of Commons papers, both published in 2009, I expect them to be cited:

(House of Commons 2009a)
    (House of Commons 2009b)

However, they are both cited as:

(House of Commons 2009)

leaving the reader with no idea which I am referring to!

Currently I am manually adding in an 'a' and 'b' to the references in text, though this is far from ideal. Are you aware of this issue and if so, could you advise me what I could do to fix this? I have no idea how to write code and the documentation on editing styles is quite daunting!

Many thanks,

Will
  • The style on the repository should do that correctly. Make sure those authors are actually the same - they both need to be input single-field mode in Zotero.
  • Hi - thanks for your help; turns out my Word Zotero plugin references were not synced with my main Firefox Zotero app, when I manually added dates to references in the latter.

The app and style are such a great aid to me - I've spread the word to all of my course!

Thanks again,

Will
  • Great that you got your issue sorted, Will.

There should be an updated version of the citation style available soon. It addresses a few issues in the current Anglia Ruskin style.

Watch this forum for updates on progress and more details.
  • Steven - new style looks great. It's up as Havard - Anglia Ruskin University. I'm inclined to also use it as Harvard 1, but I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before making the switch, in case any issues come up.
  • That is great, Sebastian. Thanks for your help with this. And do let me know if it "makes the grade" for Harvard 1!

Did you pick up my comment on the University of Limerick style (Cite it Right)? The "place of publication" and the "publisher" are in the wrong order for a book citation. (I did post on the UL style section of the forums, but didn't know if you picked it up).
  • The Anglia Ruskin style on the citation style repository has an "invalid" marker. It has only appeared in the last day or two (as far as I am aware). Is there a reason for that? I notice that the date on the style has changed - has that anything to do with it?
  • thanks for noticing - this was broken by an automatic script, I asked Frank to fix it.
  • Thanks - appreciate that.
  • edited April 4, 2012
    Sorry for that glitch. The next Zotero release will set Statute items as CSL type "legislation" (they used to be set as "bill", the same as for Bill items). It turned out that very few styles had tested for the "legislation" type, so I added it to all tests for "bill" where it was missing (in 489 styles), to avoid any formatting changes when the next Zotero release comes out. My script corrupted a macro name in this style, which I failed to notice.
  • Thanks Stvn and also adam for the work on this style. Much appreciated!